Friday, July 29, 2011

Do-it-yourself Decorative Cork Board

I don't have any NEW projects today, but I did want to share some pictures of a project I did last year that I just got out of storage yesterday and am trying to find a place to hang. You've all seen those decorative cork boards with them ribbon on them so you don't have to put any more pins in it? You just slip it through the ribbon. Well, I made one of those early last year for my daughters room and was really pleased with the way it turned out. It took a while and was pretty tedious, but over all it turned out great.




*All I used was a big bulliten board (purchased at walmart about for $12)
*Some shiny pink material, trimmed to size and pushed under the edges of the board with a credit card
*White, pink, green, blue, and purple craft paint for the outside (paint it first and let it dry before doing the rest)
*Small and Medium Round Paint brush sponges
*Plain white ribbon, cut to size and pinned in place
*Plain white thumb tacks

The rest is pretty self-explanitory so you can figure it by yourself. It's easy to figure out, it just takes a while to put together.

Enjoy!

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.
~Bill Watterson

No comments:

Post a Comment