Saturday, September 10, 2011

Finding Buried Treasure

So I'm a big thrift/second-hand store shopper and I just love it when you find something that makes you think "Who would want to give that away?" I call it 'finding buried treasure'. I wanted to share some of my latest finds, including my favorite that I actually bought a while ago, but just put up in my room last night.

^This little white board/picture frame gem only cost $3.00! It went up in my hallway.^

^This calendar board only cost $4! It's in my bedroom.^
________________________________

This is my most recent decorating project, the one I hung last night. I bought these at D.I. a few months ago and hadn't figured out what I wanted to do with them until last week.
So I tried taking the mirrors out and only managed one (big pain in the rear) and ended up covering the rest with painters tape, and spray painted them with a medium gloss black paint.
Then I put hooks and red ribbon on them and hung them on my wall! Eventually I want to center a shelf under the middle one and put some cute glass tea candle holders on it. (which I also found for .25 at a thrift store too :)
Turned out cute, huh?

1 comment:

  1. My goodness girl! You are on FIRE with the creative bug. Way to go! I love it. Looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete