Monday, June 13, 2011

GACK!!

I happened to marry into one of those families where everyone is good at everything, and everyone is so incredibly creative. I love it! I've learned so much from all my in-laws and one of the funnest things I've learned (from my oldest sister-in-law, Shannon, who is very creative) is a sort of slimy craft that my children just love to play with. It's called Gack, yes you read that right, Gack! I would like to share that with you today.

^This is the Gack!^

All you need is:
a small bowl
a large mixing bowl
6 drops any color food coloring
2 cups water
1 teaspoon Borax (a mild detergent, you can get it anywhere)
2 cups (4 bottles) of Washable Elmer's White School Glue


In the smaller bowl combine Borax with 1/2 cup of the water and stir till dissolved.
In the larger bowl stir the glue, the rest of the water, and the food coloring together and mix till well combined.
Once the glue and the water are all mixed together, Add the borax/water mixture.
Knead together with hands till it is no longer sticky.
Store in an airtight container.

^My youngest didn't quite know how she felt about this stuff lol^



This is a great indoor craft to do with your kids while they are out of school to keep their imaginations fresh and it also makes a great science experiment! It's completely solid, but it melts when it sits untouched for too long into sort of a solid liquid hybrid.
Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So fun. I loved playing with the Gack too! Allen calls it the "Slime". I love the pic of our littlest one! Great pics Kate :D

    ReplyDelete