Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cute Easy Piggy Bank

So my hubby finished off the mayo today and left the empty jar sitting on the counter and when I saw it I thought, "that would make the perfect size piggy bank for my girls." So I washed it out really well w/ soap and water (twice to make sure the smell was gone) and peeled the wrapper off. Here's what I did to make the easiest, cutest, little piggy bank for my girls.

____________________________

You will need:
a large plastic jar of some sort (I used a Best Foods Mayo Jar)
A couple sheets of paper w/ a background printed on them
Some fun sheets of letters for their names
Scissors and thick clear tape
(I just went on google and searched pictures of backgrounds and pictures of scrap book lettering and stuff like that and then printed it out. It was really easy to find. I chose black and white for my back ground and red for my letters)

________________________________

So first you want to cut your background paper down to size. It need to fit on the flat part of your container.


Then cut out the letters of your children's names.


Using your clear tape, tape the back ground on. The reason I said you'd need two sheets is because one is not enough to go all the way around.


So go ahead and tape the back ground on. Looking good right? Your kids are going to love what you've done!


Next comes the lettering. Just set the letters out on your work space and put the tape directly on top of it like this. You may need to cut the tape down to size depending on how big your letters are.


After you're done taping all your letters on you're going to (very carefully!) cut a rectangular hole in the center of your lid using a knife, razor blade, kitchen seers, ect. Like I said, Be Careful!!!


Then put your kiddos change in and your all done! Now isn't that cute? And it was super easy! Hope you enjoyed it :)

1 comment: