Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Newborn Tutu

I made my very first tulle tutu last week for my new arrival and it turned out so cute! I was very proud of myself ;)

It turned out SO tiny, but of course it will be big on her. Do you ever look at a newborn diaper and think, "There's no way, they're too small, they won't fit!" Then when your new baby gets one on... they're huge! Ya, that's what's going to happen with the tutu.


I used the loop through method as opposed to knots. 1. It was easier.
2. I personally think it looks better.

I also used ribbon instead of elastic. I taped the ribbon to the back of a chair and just started putting the tulle on until I got my desired length, then I tied the ribbon to finish it off. It's also more adjustable this way and can probably be used in more than one photo shoot.

I can't wait to take pictures of my sweet newborn in this. I have so many good ideas and Pinterest has become my photography go-to! 

Stay tuned. She's due 2 weeks from today!

1 comment: