Saturday, April 6, 2013

Husband's Christmas Project

My husband... what a guy. He amazes me at times and makes me crazy at others. You all know how it goes ;-)

He is a handy man, and although he has his personal training certification, he is still an incredibly creative guy and so good at what he does. 

He took on a cool project this past Christmas to hand-make a gift for his brother-in-law, who happens to be pretty in love with Jack Daniels. Typical guy, right?

So I just wanted to share a few photos of what he made! It's pretty cool!

First he found and cut out the right size board. Then I printed out a Jack Daniel's sign for him. He placed it on top of the board and used a ball point pen to trace out the letters pushing into each on to make an indent.
 He used a Drummel to trace/carve out the words in the Jack Daniel's font.

 After finishing with the drummel, he burned the letters with a torch, sanded, burned some more, sanded some more until he was satisfied, and then he stained it. 4 times. lol

He put hangers on the back and presto! Needless to say, the brother loves it and they are going to hang it up next to their bar in their basement which my husband also built.

I love being married to such an amazing man :)

No comments:

Post a Comment