Monday, December 19, 2011

Rag Rolls!!

Need a new way to curl your little ones hair that doesn't have her screaming at the thought of getting burned or having to stand still for a half hour? I sure did!

Rag rolls. Perfect solution.
Took about

My mom asked me the other day if I remembered a girl who used to baby sit me all the time when I was little, and did rag rolls in my hair before my parents came home so it would be curly the next day.

I didn't, otherwise this would NOT be something I am just now blogging about. So I decided to try it out on my daughter's hair since she has her Cmas program tomorrow for school and there will be no time in the morning to do it with the iron.

Success! My two year old even asked me to do it to her! This is how they look. Reminds me of the good ol' days :)





I thought you guys might like a how to video because in my excitement after my mom's comment, I didn't wait to make one so I surfed Youtube and found this one that I liked. This lady doesn't call them rag rolls, but they're basically the same thing.


I did mine the exact same way she did in this video which is why I chose this one. Some people do them differently like with bobby pins or sponge rollers, but this was what I thought would be most comfortable for my girls to sleep in so that's how I did it. Apparently I'm not alone in those thoughts :)

This is how mine turned out.



Ah, my little curly haired beauties :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, what dolls. I always cry when I look at them. I used to curl my girls hair with rags. Hahaha, good ideas never go away. Love it!

    ReplyDelete