Friday, October 15, 2010

My very first reconstruction

So this was my first attempt at t-shirt reconstruction and it turned out pretty well i think, for my first time anyways! lol I turned a regular fitted tee (purchased a long time ago from rue 21 on sale for cheap) into a halter.

Super easy! If you're looking for a first project this would be it!!!

All you do is cut off the sleeves along the inside of where they connect to the rest of the shirt, then cut a strait line from the bottom of one sleeve hole to the bottom of the other. Flip the top section of the shirt up and snip strait down the middle to make straps. (shape those as you'd like, just don't go any thinner than one inch) Cut the neck line seam out and tie the straps! It's as simple as that! I'll do another one down the road sometime so that I can take step by step pictures, but really anyone can do this. All you need is scissors and the shirt :)

So here's a picture of the front:
and here's one of the back:

No comments:

Post a Comment