Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cute Hair for Halloween

Hello All! And Happy Almost Halloween!

So my 4 year old has decided to be a bumble bee for halloween (which is fine by me bc that's a costume I already have!) and I've been thinking of things to do with her hair and makeup that would be fun and age appropriate.

I played around and came u with this. Hopefully ya'll like it :) So here's a tutorial on the hair and I'll do one on the makeup in a while.

Nothing elaborate, but everything fun :)
_______________________________________
YOU WILL NEED: spray bottle (water), comb/pick, and some yellow/black hair elastics (some big and some small)
part the hair down the middle in a strait line.
make sure its nice and wet, evenly on both sides. it stays in place longer that way.
make 2 little piggy tails right in front. I'm using yellow hair ties bc she's a bumblebee, but this is a fun hair do for any other costume as well.
make another piggy tail behind one side and pull the opposite piggy tail from the front into the tie.
and do the same on the other side so they cross.
repeat the process one more time and do the same criss cross so you have a total of 2 "x"'s on top.
french braid down about 3/4 of the way then pull up the rest into a piggy tail.
twist the piggy tail bc you're going to make a sort of bun. leave about 2-3 inches of hair untwisted and out of the bun.
(she has really fine hair and a real bun won't stay) It should look something like this so far.
now fan out the part that you didn't twist around the whole bun so it looks kind of fun and crazy
repeat those same steps on the other side and it should look kind of like this when you're done....
and here's what it looks like from the top.

like I said, not super fancy, but fun for sure!

I don't have the supplies yet (which is why there are no pictures), but I'm making a trip to the dollar store tomorrow to buy fuzz balls and pipe cleaners and i'm going to clip little antennas to her head on top.

4 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous - very simple when its shown step by step but i imagine she had it as messy as possible in record time! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed she did! but she was a trooper for letting me try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tutorials! You are one creative mama! And your little bumble bee looked adorable!

    ReplyDelete